Carlie was so excited to get a letter today from her "friend" in Africa!! About a month ago the students wrote letters to the students in Africa. One of the people that started Carlie's school recently traveled their to help train the teachers and took the letters from the students. Right now the kids attend school in a chicken coupe with no electricity!! Carlie's school has been raising money so a real school can be built!!! It has been fun for the kids to be able to hear about what it is like in another country for kids their same age and be able to help by raising money so those kids can have some of the simple things they take advantage of like paper and pencils!!
3 comments:
Such an awesome idea!
I remember doing that when I was about her age & thought it was just the neatest thing! Unfortunately the teacher didn't follow through so it didn't last long, but I still remember it!
What a great experience for those kids!!
Post a Comment