Monday, July 25, 2011

Days of 47 Parade

We got up bright and early to go to the Days of 47 Parade for the 1st time!! We have always watched it on television but I thought now that my kids are older it would be fun to actually be there!! We went with my mother-in-law and Aunt Marjie.
Carlie was so excited to see President Monson (the LDS Prophet) in person for the 1st time! It is so sad that it is so dangerous for him to be in public! You could barely see him through the heavily tinted windows!! The prophet used to be able to ride in a wagon or convertible so you could actually see them. No one else in the parade had anywhere near the security that he did. Carlie was still excited:)
Cayden's favorite float:) Were you really that surprised??
This would have been Lance's favorite if he didn't have to work:(
Carlie's favorite:) She says she is going to be a Pet Doctor when she grows up!! Maybe she can go work for Aunt Rachel!!
The weather couldn't have been better!! It was cloudy most of the time and even rained a couple times. Kept it from being the usual "hottest day in July" which we were happy about!!
It was so much fun, we can't wait for next year!! Anyone is welcome to join us:) Same time, same place (2nd E., 2nd S.), the perfect spot!!

5 comments:

The Lively's said...

Dude! Dude! Dude, you should have called me I so would have come with! I LOVE parades! I can't believe you got a good spot. I thought you had to camp out to get that close. Which I will camp out and watch the parade someday!!! So fun. We saw the float preview at the expo center and don't remember seeing the train float. What a cute float. I am so jealous I didn't get to go. We watched it on TV why I exercised. Don't feel bad Aaron had to work too. Lame!

hope2adoptbaby said...

Looks fun! I watched it on TV and noticed how guarded Pres. Monson was. Lucky for you guys it wasn't miserable hot!

Amelia said...

That is definitely the parade to go to! It sounds like you all had fun! I'm glad it was cloudy and not as hot as usual for you guys.

Jami said...

Looks so fun!! I have only been once and all I can remember is being so hot that I thought I was going to pass out. Maybe I'll have to try it again.

Janie said...

We were so close to you. I should have called you. We were at 4th S. and 2nd East. We showed up right at 9 and still got a pretty good spot. It was the perfect day for a parade.