It was time again for one of Lance's favorite races!! This year it was a little different. A few days before the race a local cyclist was hit and killed while riding with her friends.
(copy and paste link to read story, sorry I don't know how to link)
Family and friends of Elizabeth "Bunny" Bradley came to honor her. At the beginning of the race they let balloons go and then the family and friends got to ride the first lap before the official race started. It was nice that so many family and friends came to remember her! Even her parents rode the first lap along with everyone else!! I didn't personally know her but just having my husband involved in the same sport it was sad to think about how quickly something can happen. It was sad to think she was just doing something she loved and how something so tragic could happen.
After, the official race started. You ride 7 laps, eat donuts, ride 7 laps, eat donuts and then finish with a final 7 laps!! You get 3 min. deducted off your time for each donut you eat so there is a big incentive to eat donuts until you are sick!!!
2 Caveman even showed up and brought there "dinosaur"!! They rode the race barefoot (where do these people come from)!!
It is pretty funny to watch. Lance ate a total of 14 donuts!!!! He will dispute this and say he only ate 10 because he spit the last 4 out (apparently you only had to fit them all in your mouth and then whatever you did with them afterwards was your choice) either way it is crazy!!!
Lance and his fellow Infinate teammates were the first to arrive for round 1 of the donuts!!
He paid for it the rest of the day and vowed to never eat that many donuts again (although I think he will forget all about this by the time next year rolls around)!!! The winner ate around 30! For some reason the computer didn't pick his number up when he crossed the finish line so we don't know what he placed:( He was in the top 10 somewhere......Until next year I don't think Lance will be eating any donuts!!:)
3 comments:
Hahaha, that sounds like a race that might entice even ME to ride! :) What a fun experience!
This race cracks me up everytime! That's awesome you got to see the friends and family of Bunny riding for her. She is actually one of our good friends. She married one of Dave's best friends. She was an awesome person.
Okay I'm a slacker, I've got to get riding my bike! Next year I need to go for sure!
Post a Comment