Thursday, July 24, 2008

24th of July Tradition!







The kids and I went up to the family cabin (on my Dad's side of the family) today. Lance had to work so it wasn't a very fun family holiday!! Growing up my family would go up every 24th of July and have a BBQ with all of the extended family. It has dwindled down over the years with people getting married and passing on so it isn't the same but it is still fun to go up and enjoy when we get the chance. When I was little I loved to swing on the big swing out back. It is still there so now my kids love to go on it everytime we go up. It is a fun tradition to carry on!!

5 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

Love the pic of Carlie. Sounds like fun, too bad Lance had to work.

Monkeys' Mom said...

I love that picture of Carly . . . too cute! I think Pioneer is one of the only holidays that I know Scott gets off for sure because he works downtown and there's no way he could get into the office on that day even if he wanted to (because of the parade). But most everyone else we know has to work that day.

The Lively's said...

cute pictures! thanks again for your help this past saturday! you will have to come over when we can actually walk on our grass!

Brandon Wilde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JulesandBriPoulson said...

Looks like some fun. Those are the cutest pictures of your kids. I finally am checking out your cute blog and sent you over an invite to ours. Great to see what is going on!