Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lake Powell!!!



We just got back from our amazing 7 day houseboat vacation at Lake Powell thanks to Good Things Utah and At Your Leisure!!! Back on Memorial Day I won this trip and it had seemed like the day was never going to come! It was a long drive but when we got there it was amazing! The houseboat was more amazing than I would have ever imagined (4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a full stocked kitchen)! There was 6 couples that went so we had a great time! I was worried that 7 days was going to be so long to leave the kids but with the day it took to get down there and then the day to get home the time flew by! I haven't ever in my life had that much time to just do whatever I wanted!! The weather was beautiful the entire trip! We went boating everyday, it took a week but I finally figured out how to wakeboard! It didn't happen without getting lots of bruises and a really sore back and neck to remind me how not so easy it is to learn a watersport even though everyone we went with made it look like a piece of cake!! I was just hoping to make it up long enough to get a picture (thanks to Brooke I think I will have a picture that makes me look like I have been waterskiing for years!!:) The people we went with are amazing at this kind of thing and were doing jumps and flips! I guess when you start waterskiing at 5 years old you would have to be amazing! I had never been boating before or to Lake Powell so I was not sure what to expect. We found a beautiful spot to park our houseboat for the week! It is hard to put into words what an amazing week it was, so hopefully you can see by the pictures!!! We have so many fun memories from this trip that we will always remember!! It was one big party!!!!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

So fun. Cute pictures. I can't water ski either. I tried a couple times, it just freaks me out! That's great you had it all payed for. Way to go Good Things Utah!

Monkeys' Mom said...

That's so awesome! I talked to Janie yesterday at church and it sounded like a ton of fun. It would be nice to get away from the kids and just hang out with friends for a week like that. Glad that you had a good time!

Sarah Lee said...

Wow... that looks so fun! I'm jealous! I remember reading that you won that trip, how lucky! Especially to get to bring a whole bunch of friends and have the whole thing paid for!!!

Anonymous said...

Can we go back?! I knew you'd have pics posted already so I wanted to dream I was still there. Thanks for the great week. It was such a blast!!!!! Something we need to do ever year!

Post-it Notes said...

Looks like so much fun! I have never figured out how to wakeboard so you are way ahead of me.

Lynette said...

I could use 7 days to do nothing! :) Don't feel badly -- I've been boating twice: when I was four (and terrified) and again when I was 14 or 15 and wake boarded (because I was certain I couldn't stand up on the skis!) and came out bruised and sore, too! :) :)

I'm thoroughly jealous, but very glad you had so much fun!

Amanda said...

How Fun! I heard you guys had LOTS of fun! You guys were in a great SPOT! I love Lake powell! I love all the pics!

Jami said...

Looks like a blast. So jealous.

shauna snow said...

I want to go back!! It was so much fun!!! I'm with danielle, we should do this every year! It was such a blast with everybody! For sure will have memories for the rest of my life!!!

Thanks again to Heather for taking all of us!!

Sara said...

looks like fun! I've never been to Powell yet, just Mead quite a few times. That's nice it was free!