
If you have never made homemade bread before you have to try this easy recipe! I have never made bread before and this was so easy and it actually turned out!:) I found the recipe on a recipe blog that I love to get recipes from because they show pictures of everything they make and everything they make looks so good!! It is under my favorite links on the sidebar http://www.favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/ .Honey Whole Wheat Bread
3 C. really warm water
1 1/2 T. yeast (or 2 yeast packets)
Dissolve and wait until yeast froths then add:
1/4 C. shortening
1/4 C. honey
1 T. salt
about 6 C. wheat flour
Add flour 1 C. at a time until you have soft dough. Knead and put into bowl. Cover with cloth and let raise about 1 hour or until it has about doubled in size (it raises much better if you put in front of warm window with sun shining). Knead again and place bread into baking tins and raise again for another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown on top. Butter top of bread while still in oven and let bake another 2 minutes. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes in pans and then turn out and cool 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 3 regular loaves or 2 large loaves.
I like the way the bigger loaf turned out so when I make it again I am going to make 2 large loaves instead of 3. I found a recipe for honey butter (just make sure you use real butter)! I only had the stuff that says it bakes like real butter and it didn't turn out the way it's supposed to be. It still tastes good but isn't as thick:)
Honey Butter
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. honey
Mix butter with hand mixer until smooth and creamy and then slowly add honey while continuing to mix.
6 comments:
Hmmm... sounds good! I never make homemade bread, unless it is zucchini or something like that or in a bread machine! ;-) So I'll have to try it!
Yum!!! Looks sooooo dang good!
You are the Betty Crocker I wish I could be! Looks good!
I love homemade bread!! That looks awesome - way to go!! I bet your house smelled good too.
Well look at you little miss Homemaker! :) Except I bet you didn't grind your own wheat did you?!? LOL! See ya Wednesday Night!
The bread looks delicious. I'll have to try it out. I'm trying to be more domestic by making things more from scratch. This recipe seems easy enough. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment