Carlie was determined she was going to wear her shorts and flip flops no matter how cold it was (we were in St. George after all, that is usually what we wear)!
Carlie loves the Old Navy dog and always has to have her picture with it (I think she is trying to send us hints, so far it isn't working)!!!
Cayden is pointing at one of the scary pieces of crab leg that Carlie kept putting by his plate (he was not going to touch that thing no matter what you said), I didn't get his first reaction which was the best one!! You would have thought the crab leg was alive the way he reacted!!!
Cayden was terriefied and started crying histarically when he saw the "scary" crab leg on Lance's plate!
We went to St. George for the weekend. I was having this fantasy that we were going to go and sit outside by the pool and enjoy the warm sun in our summer clothes and flip flops!! That dream ended quickly when we got down there and it wasn't any warmer than home! I think the indoor pool was colder than if we would have swam outside which didn't make the kids very happy! We still had fun shopping even though Lance was wishing the whole time he was mountain biking instead of shopping!!! Friday night we decided to go to Mesquite to one of the buffets because it was Seafood night. Buffets never turn out good even though we try to convince ourselves that they are going to be amazing and it would be impossible to not find something that our kids will like! First of all I don't think when you are paying that much money that you should have to crack your own crab and peel your own shrimp!!! Maybe some people like that but I just think it is too much work and too messy!!! Then because you paid way too much to begin with, you eat way more than you should so then you just feel like crap afterwards!! You would think at a buffet that there would be something your kids would like! Not my kids, there was not one thing they would eat (once again, all I am thinking is how I paid way too much money for them to not like anything)!! I guess we paid for some really expensive ice cream! I am sure everyone was looking at us like we were crazy (and horrible parents) for bringing our kids to a place like this in the beginning! I think we were practically the only ones with little kids (I think everyone was at least 20 to 50 years older than us, maybe that was the problem)!!:) The hilarious part of the night was when Lance came back to the table with his plate of food and Cayden was terrified of the crab legs!!! He would cry if he even thought you were going to get close to him with one of those things!! I do agree, they are pretty ugly (but I guess I am not much of a seafood person)!! At least we had some fun entertainment for the evening! Carlie thought it was really fun to tease Cayden with the crab legs!! Even though it wasn't as warm as we would have hoped we still had a fun weekend:) There's always next time for the warm weather!! We do love St. George:)
10 comments:
Sorry your getaway wasn't all you hoped for. We went 3 weeks ago and had the same experience. I guess we are all tired of the snowy weather and ready for Spring. Cayden- those crab legs are scary!
I'm like Carlie, I would be determined to wear shorts and flip flops down there too. I love Buffets! Who cares if you were the only one with kids! :-) So fun!
Well...at least there wasn't snow! Can you believe it is March out there?!!!
Too bad the weather wasn't better...but still looks like you had fun. It is always nice to get away.
Tell Cayden I would have reacted the same way to those nasty crab legs....yuck!
Even though the weather wasn't great it looks like you had a lot of fun together!
Crab legs are gross looking....and funny that he is so afraid of them. Too bad the weather wasn't warmer for you.
Cracking the crab legs is a terrible task, but totally worth it. That buffet is the only good reason to go to Mesquite, which is definitely the old people's gambling town. Of course, that makes it a lot easier to deal with than Wendover where everyone is drunk and naked all the time, at least in my experience. Last time I was in Mesquite the Blackjack dealers were really mean and belittled me in front of the other players who all laughed at me even though I was winning egregious sums of money, and they were all losing their shirts. I don't get it.
Can I just tell you how jealous I am? How fun to get away for a while even if it wasn't super warm. Your kids are so cute!
I jealous of the trip to St. George but not so much of the crab legs. They do look pretty freaky hanging off the plate! I bet the trip gave you spring fever.
Post a Comment