Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Love to See the Temple..........

About 2 hours after we went through the temple open house, we had a horrible storm and the Angel Moroni was struck by lightening!! This picture was taken after it was struck by lightening. The face and down the front of the statue is black now!!


We got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple open house today. It was a special experience to be able to take Carlie and Cayden and show them what the temple is like. Carlie was so serious through the whole tour and you could tell she was just trying to absorb everything in. I hope they will remember how special today was and how special it is to be able to go to the temple one day. I had the opportunity to help at the open house last Thursday and that was a neat opportunity. It is wonderful that we have so many temples so close to us and to live within walking distance of this one! We are so lucky and I hope we can remember that and take advantage of how lucky we are to be able to go to the temple whenever we want to:)

6 comments:

The Lively's said...

Can't wait to see it! Now the west side is living it up like the East side! :) J/K

Kelly said...

So neat. We're excited to go see it too. Cute pictures. Ryan says he's going to marry me in this Temple.

Kristin said...

I can't wait to take my kids too. I loved your post about Carlie's field trip and the end of kindergarten too. I am so nervous for Jace to start kindergartedn, but if you survivied I can too right? :)

The Lund's said...

Poor Moroni. I heard about that yesterday. He is pretty vulnerable up there isn't he? But the temple was gorgeous wasn't it? And we also survived ushering too!

Janie said...

Fun pictures. I'm glad you were actually able to get some good ones outside with how horrible the weather has been.

Krista said...

What great pics. They will remember that forever.