Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 for the Price of 1??

When I went to the doctor yesterday who is going to do my surgery, she found out that I not only have one hernia but two!! It is called a Bilateral Hernia, definition: simultaneous right and left inguinal hernia, common in children and elderly men, if a left inguinal hernia is present, there is a 25% risk of an occult right inguinal hernia, both hernias may be repaired with one surgical procedure. The interesting thing is that I had no lump on the left side but had one on the right so I didn't even know I had one on the opposite side. What are the odds!?!? I am having surgery today to fix both of them which I have been told will be worse since there is 2 instead of 1.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Ouch!! Girl I am sorry... none of this sounds fun at all. You are a survivor though.

Anonymous said...

Call me when you need anything!!!!!

Sara said...

oh no! I'm so sorry, I didn't see your last post until just now, so I had no clue this is going one. I hope the surgeries go well, and you have a fast recovery.

Jami said...

Oh Wow! Sorry to hear about your surgery!!! That's yucky!

Kelly said...

Good luck!

Jorgensens4 said...

Take it easy during your recovery and make sure Lance does all the house work :)

Lindsey said...

You wish there had only been two! What an ordeal!