Friday, July 17, 2009

The worst timing ever!!!!

I have been working so hard training for this 1/2 marathon coming up (getting up at 5 in the morning when you are not a morning person is definitely a sacrifice), only to find out 3 weeks away from the marathon that I have a HERNIA! I have no idea how I got it, the doctor can't say either but it isn't something I can wait to take care of and the only way to take care of it is by having surgery!! The surgeon has told me that there is no way I can run the 1/2 marathon at this point!!! Could it have happened at any worse time!! DEVASTATING is the only way to describe how it feels to work so hard for something and then be told you can't do it! Hopefully I can get back to running as soon as possible so I can at least run a 1/2 marathon somewhere before fall is over. If this could have just waited 3 more weeks I would be very happy right now:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have worked so hard all summer for this!! Don't worry, we'll find something in the fall.

Kelly said...

Oh man that sucks. I'm not a morning person either so I know what a sacrifice that must be. I hope your surgery goes well. And is not too painful. Yikes. Good luck!

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry! Stupid hernia!!!

Jennymommy6 said...

Sorry Heather :( My son Spencer had a hernia that he had to have operated on a year ago. I think he had to wait about 6 weeks to do any activities, but hopefully you'll be able to find another 1/2 to run. I was hoping to run the same one but I was having a problem with my foot. I'm sure you'll be able to find one in the fall. Maybe there is a 1/2 the same time as the Logan Marathon.

Lynette said...

I feel for you! Literally right after I had Rais, I had an umbilical hernia that became strangulated-- and had to have surgery. The dr's didn't know if I'd always had a hole there, or if having the baby caused it. Thankfully, the surgery wasn't invasive (I was put under)and the recovery wasn't bad, either. I'm sorry!!!

jgalke said...

Oh Heather - i've seen you working so hard and I have been sad I'm not running with you. Good job for training so hard and I'll join you next time. :)

Brandon Wilde said...

That's awfully depressing. I've had a few similar experiences in my time. I have found that the best thing to do is look at it as a break, and then start training harder for something even bigger next time.

The Lively's said...

Heather that totally bites! I am really sorry! Let me know if you guys need anything! Maybe if you stopped trying to pick up Lance all the time you wouldn't have got one. Just kidding! Seriously I am really sorry!

Andrea said...

I am sorry to hear about that. Especially so close to your countdown. But, since you are now in such great shape your recovery should be a breeze. Way to go on setting a goal and achieving it!