We had some of my family over to make gingerbread houses. I took on the challenge of making the gingerbread! I am still trying to decide whether it is better to make it or just spend the money and buy a kit! It definately will be edible because I made it, but it was a lot of work especially since I was making enough for 5 houses!!!! We weren't lacking candy, everyone brought lots of candy to decorate!
I think Cayden liked eating the candy more than making the house:)
Brandon & Rachel
my parents and Aunt LuRhea
My Aunt LuRhea and Uncle Brent came and joined the fun too. Brent left the gingerbread making fun to LuRhea while he took a little nap:)
My sister Amelia has been keeping her gingerbread house making skills a secret!! She looked like a professional and made us all think about letting her make the houses next year and we will just watch and eat the candy!!!:)
2 comments:
How fun to have so much family there! I think EVERYONE's houses look great...good enough to eat! :) Except for one YSA activity, I don't think I've ever made a gingerbread house before. Do you buy the kits, or do you make your own with a recipe and then buy the candy separately?
I bought a kit last year and this year I made homemade gingerbread. I didn't like certain things about the kits, the gingerbread was rock hard and the candy was all gross and hard! So we basically made it and threw it away. Making the gingerbread was a LOT of work!! It wouldn't probably be too bad if you were just making enough for 1 house. I like (and my kids love) that the homemade one is edible and we could choose what kind of candy we wanted. So it is just preference. Either way, unless you are Amelia your house never comes out "perfect" you just have to enjoy the fun of making it!!:)
Post a Comment