Monday, December 20, 2010

It's Great to Be 8!!!

Today Carlie turned 8! This day seemed so far away 8 years ago when she was born and here it is!! We celebrated by going to the movie Yogi Bear and going to her favorite place to eat, Applebees. We decided to do something different this year and have ice cream sundaes instead of cake. It was a big hit!! Everyone loved being able to pick their own toppings (Carlie picked them all out) and make their own sundae. Carlie has been the most excited to turn 8 because that means she gets to be Baptised which just happens to be on New Years Day!! Happy Birthday Carlie!!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Congratulations, Carlie (and Heather)!!!! What a happy day that will be in a few short days. :) :)

I can't believe all of my friends who have 8 year-olds...We are getting old. :) I still have a little less than a year before it's my turn to have an 8 year-old and I can't wait!! :)

Janie said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you go through it first so I can prepare myself.

hope2adoptbaby said...

How exciting for your family for her baptism! :) Happy Birthday, Carlie!

The Lively's said...

I can't believe she is 8. Not to long and she'll be able to babysit for us! ; ) Glad you had a good Christmas!