On Memorial Day some of my friends and I went to the taping of Good Things Utah. The show is taped live and you can be part of the audience. On this day they were giving away a 7 day Houseboat Vacation at Lake Powell. They have been talking about this contest for quite a while and so about 4,000 people had entered. My friend Danielle was certain that one of us was going to win the contest. When it came time to announce the winner we were all disappointed to hear that the winner was from Idaho. All of us audience members were given the chance to draw a piece of paper from a basket right before the big drawing. After they made the announcement they told us all to look at our tickets and that one of us was going to win something special. I looked at my ticket and it said "CONGRATULATIONS YOU WIN!!!" At first I couldn't believe it because I never win anything and the odds of one of us, especially me winning something was almost unbelievable. As soon as my friend Danielle saw my ticket she was shaking me trying to get me to stand up. We all thought it would be some small prize, I thought it was maybe a gift basket or something. They then said that I had just won the same prize as the person from Idaho!! A 7 DAY HOUSEBOAT VACATION FOR 12 PEOPLE AT LAKE POWELL WORTH $15,000.00!! I was in shock I couldn't believe it and all my friends were practically jumping out of there seats because they all knew they were going on this vacation too!!!! All my friends were texting there husbands with the big news the second I won!! We had joked before the show that if any of us won we would all be going of course I didn't think any of us would win it. It was amazing, shocking, overwhelming and a million other emotions all at the same time winning something this huge! Lance was the only one that didn't know yet, we had taped the show at home so that we could watch it later. When I got home Lance had just watched it and I could tell by the look on his face that he knew the big surprise!! I still cannot really believe I won, well actually we all won because now we all get to go to Lake Powell!!
7 comments:
Yay! How exciting!! I LOVE Good Things Utah, it was one of my fave shows when I lived there. Congrats on your big win... sound like tons of fun!
I just added this to my family blog. themilkcan
SOOO EXCITED!
Ha, that's awesome, Heather! It'll be a lot of fun for all of you, I'm sure. Congratulations!
P.S. The kids are getting SOOO big! They're adorable. It's fun reading your blog. :)
I am so excited! I cant wait to go! We look so good in them pic's!! ;)
That is too funny. Jessica Galke was watching the show and called me with the news. How fun for you guys!
Hi Heather, ya Shauna told me you were on here! Your blog is cute, as well as your kids they are adorable! Congrats on WINNING your trip! Shauna said you guys had a fun time! You guys all look so cute in the pictures!! See ya soon!
Hello, Heather! This is Lynette Packer-now-Nordgren! I found your blog on the Hunter Reunion website, by the way...I wasn't snooping. :)
I know you'll probably be at the reunion, but I wanted to make sure I gave you my e-mail address in case I don't get to really talk to you. So here it is:
thisisit4us@gmail.com . I can give you the rest of my info if you send me an e-mail. I check it all of the time.
P.S. I sometimes watch Good Things Utah (mostly I go to the website), but missed your wonderful winning moment. That is sooo awesome that you won! I hope the trip was great (if you have all ready gone) and I hope it is tons of fun (if you haven't left yet). :) :) Anyway, I'm so glad that I found you!!!
Post a Comment