Saturday, December 20, 2008

Party, Party, Party!!





The parties never seem to end this time of year for Carlie!!! Last night we had both of our families over for the big celebration! It's a little chaotic having both families at our house at the same time but it is better than having to do everything twice (especially this time of year). When it started snowing yesterday Carlie was worried no one would come. Everyone made it through the snow and Carlie had a great birthday party!! It is one of those things that will never change having a birthday in December, you never know what the weather is going to be like so you just hope for the best!! Carlie picked out her own cake and I know what you are thinking, it's not a BIRTHDAY cake but it's the one she wanted and I figure if that's what she wants then that is what she gets!! It was actually really nice not having to deal with cutting a cake and everyone thought it was cute. We have once again made it through a Christmastime birthday and we will take a sigh of relief until next year!! I do learn each year how to make this time of year less stressful and more enjoyable, so maybe by the time Carlie is 18 I will have it all figured out and I will look back and wonder why I made everything so difficult for myself!!!:)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cute blog! I am so glad because now, even though we are both so busy, we can at least keep up with each other thru our blogs. Although we really do need to get together.

The Lund's said...

Awesome birthday cake! Did you do it?

Post-it Notes said...

Glad she had such a fun party. I love the cake!!

The Lively's said...

Cute cake! You have been busy! All I got to say is Christmas Birthdays are so tough! I am sure you know all about it!

Happy Birthday Carlie!

Heather said...

I wish I could take credit for the cake but it is a Sam's Club special! I would love to make her cake every year but so far I have only managed to do it once. The holidays and a birthday make everything so hectic and stressful that I always cheat and end up buying one.

Jami said...

I SOOOOO hear ya. We just wrapped up a four day birthday celebration for Hallee last night. Oh, gotta love December birthdays.

The cake is amazing!!!