After wanting to do it for over a year but never daring to, Carlie finally decided that today was the day to get her ears pierced!!! We didn't think she would really go through with it but she did! I of course thought ahead and made sure that both her ears were pierced at the same time! I knew after one ear we would never get the second ear done if pierced separately:) I can't believe that they do not automatically pierce both at the same time on little kids!! Since both employees had to help pierce her ears there was quite a crowd of customers gathering around the counter. Right as they started counting to 3 you could have heard a pin drop!!! There was an abrupt silence while everyone was waiting to see what was going to happen (you would have thought that we had tied her to the chair and were making her do this)!!!! It was pretty funny to watch as everyone waited for Carlie to scream (at least I think that is what they were waiting for)!!:) They didn't get screaming just immediate crying but after about 5 minutes of crying and turning down a treat from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (I still don't know what she was thinking) everything was great:)
Monday, September 7, 2009
She finally did it!!
After wanting to do it for over a year but never daring to, Carlie finally decided that today was the day to get her ears pierced!!! We didn't think she would really go through with it but she did! I of course thought ahead and made sure that both her ears were pierced at the same time! I knew after one ear we would never get the second ear done if pierced separately:) I can't believe that they do not automatically pierce both at the same time on little kids!! Since both employees had to help pierce her ears there was quite a crowd of customers gathering around the counter. Right as they started counting to 3 you could have heard a pin drop!!! There was an abrupt silence while everyone was waiting to see what was going to happen (you would have thought that we had tied her to the chair and were making her do this)!!!! It was pretty funny to watch as everyone waited for Carlie to scream (at least I think that is what they were waiting for)!!:) They didn't get screaming just immediate crying but after about 5 minutes of crying and turning down a treat from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (I still don't know what she was thinking) everything was great:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Girl looks good! I am excited for her!
Oh, she looks beautiful :) I'm glad Shane just out of the blue one day suggested we get Isabel's ears pierced... she was 4 months old. They did the double team thing, too, which is definitely good. She only cried for a minute and then was over it.
Good thinking on having them do both ears at the same time. We didn't have a choice there was only one girl. Sounds pretty similar to Kaya after hers were done except she definitely didn't turn done her treat from Hello Kitty store. I don't know why they count down out loud anyway. They obviously don't have kids of their own. Good job Carlie!!!
Way to go. Ari had no problems getting her ears pierce. The Problem we had was when it was time to change the studs to real earings. The Studs are so hard to undo. I pulled too hard and it freaked Ari out. So now it is a struggle to change her earings. Ari won't put the studs back in. Good luck. When that time comes.
You are brave! Way to go!
Post a Comment